Brazil 2.0 for Rhino SR3 Beta 2 Now Available

Hi all

Brazil 2.0 for Rhino SR3 Beta 2 is now available from:

http://download.rhino3d.com/Brazil/2.0/beta/download/

Not a huge amount this time - we've fixed a couple of the bugs in Beta 1, and we've added motion blur support with Bongo 2.0.

Enjoy!

 - Andy

2012-12-07: Service Release 3 Beta 2

Features:

- Motion blur reimplemented to work with both Bongo 2.0 and Bongo 1.0

Bug fixes:

- Physical sky environment did not respond to linear workflow correctly.
- Ground plane crash in Beta 1
- Shadow/Light shaders were not allowed in filter slots.

Views: 1661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK - thanks.  I'll dig it out.

OK - I see what's going on.  Do you have an ancient version of Bongo 2.0 installed?

 - Andy

Vicente Soler said:

Rhino 5.0 crashes at startup after installing the latest SR3 Beta2.

I just sent the error report.

I have it repeated...it's a pretty stupid bug.  I'll try to get it fixed tomorrow, but in the meantime the easiest thing to do to resolve it is to installed the current build of Bongo 2.0 Beta.

Sorry about this.

 - Andy

Andrew le Bihan said:

OK - I see what's going on.  Do you have an ancient version of Bongo 2.0 installed?

 - Andy

Vicente Soler said:

Rhino 5.0 crashes at startup after installing the latest SR3 Beta2.

I just sent the error report.

Actually the more recent Bongo betas DON'T need a Bongo 1 license to download.

Jim

Vicente Soler said:

I don't own a license for Bongo. As I understand it the latest Bongo betas can only be used with a license key, so I can't install it. I can wait till tomorrow.

 EDIT:

oops, sorry. It is actually open for all rhino users. I just received the email with the license key.


 Andrew le Bihan said:

I have it repeated...it's a pretty stupid bug.  I'll try to get it fixed tomorrow, but in the meantime the easiest thing to do to resolve it is to installed the current build of Bongo 2.0 Beta.

Sorry about this.

 - Andy

Andrew le Bihan said:

OK - I see what's going on.  Do you have an ancient version of Bongo 2.0 installed?

 - Andy

Vicente Soler said:

Rhino 5.0 crashes at startup after installing the latest SR3 Beta2.

I just sent the error report.

Vicente

Clearly we're confused about the physical sky.  Can you send me a model with a physical sky in it, so that I know for a fact that we're looking at the same thing?  There shouldn't be any geometry in the model, but it should render differently in Neon and Brazil SR3 Beta 1 when I render without modifications.

Andy

OK - there's a new build up there now.

 - Andy

Vicente Soler said:

I don't own a license for Bongo. As I understand it the latest Bongo betas can only be used with a license key, so I can't install it. I can wait till tomorrow.

 EDIT:

oops, sorry. It is actually open for all rhino users. I just received the email with the license key.


 Andrew le Bihan said:

I have it repeated...it's a pretty stupid bug.  I'll try to get it fixed tomorrow, but in the meantime the easiest thing to do to resolve it is to installed the current build of Bongo 2.0 Beta.

Sorry about this.

 - Andy

Andrew le Bihan said:

OK - I see what's going on.  Do you have an ancient version of Bongo 2.0 installed?

 - Andy

Vicente Soler said:

Rhino 5.0 crashes at startup after installing the latest SR3 Beta2.

I just sent the error report.

I'm not convinced about this.  In fact, since physical sky colors are not gamma packed (ie - they act much the same way as a HDR), you should see a significant difference in the rendering result when linear workflow is used.  It should get brighter - and that's exactly what it does.

I would have said that Neon is the one that is getting it wrong in this case.

Yup - that will do it.

This is actually a bit tricky - and something that I don't really like happening.  For me this is "things that happen behind your back".

Now - if Brazil had a complete automatic sun system, that might be different - but while we're dealing with building individual scenes out of individual shaders, I'm not so sure.

BTW - an automatic sun system isn't that bad an idea.

Thanks - I've got those logged.

Vicente Soler said:

btw, a few bugs:

- Tone mapping settings don't stick on newly completed rendered buckets (as I mentioned above).

- Distribution parameter (IES file) under the photometric tab on lights resets to default after reopening the file.

- Renderblowup command doesn't render the same area that has been selected in the viewport.

Vicente

I can't repeat the IES problem.  My guess is that it can no longer find the file on your machine.

Andy

Just for my reference, that was bug 120358

Andrew le Bihan said:

Vicente

I can't repeat the IES problem.  My guess is that it can no longer find the file on your machine.

Andy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Members

© 2022   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service