Hi all

Today we're releasing the first Beta of what we're going to call Brazil 2.0 for Rhino Service Release 2.  Despite the innocent sounding name, this service release actually has a number of new features which bring the Brazil 2.0 for Rhino product into line with the "non-Beta" functionality of the 2.1 product for Max.

The new features in this build are:

• New Brazil light dome with importance sampling and photon support.
  • Support for an unlimited number of processor cores (SR1 supports 8)
  • Geometry interference filter.
  • Sun target specification support and in-viewport sun position preview.
  • Several crash bugs fixed and hundreds of other minor issues fixed.
  • Rhino 5.0 64-bit support.

This beta is production ready - so you should find it very stable and complete.

You can download the new beta for 32-bit Rhino 4.0 / 5.0 or 64-bit Rhino 5.0 from here

http://brazil3d.ning.com/page/download-beta

Enjoy!

- Andy

Views: 2016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And...yes...I know it looked like we gave up on it, but I can assure you we haven't.  There's a really, really nice surprise in the works...I can't tell any more, but much of the holdup - and a lot of the reason we've finally been able to release - has been because of a lot of work you currently can't see.

Andrew le Bihan said:

Vicente

Use Environment - I turned that off just before we released it because we actually can't make it work in all cases.  There's a limitation with the Splutterfish SDK that doesn't allow us to make it work with implicit (procedural) environments, so while we can get HDR / Basic environments to work through a hack, we can't make - for example - physical sky work.  My thinking is that we will completely remove that option before we ship.

Yes - that's what the Geometry interference filter does.  It just works - as you found out.

Skylight texture?  Are you talking about the new one in Rhino 5.0?  Or the Brazil Physical Sky?

Linear workflow...hmm...I will look into that.  It's a 5.0 feature and I'm not sure about the current level of support in Brazil.

I think I'm missing something about how to actually use the dome light, to drop it in to a scene I was previously lighting with an HDR skylight, I'm using the same exposure settings for the HDR in both cases but getting quite different results...I think?

Well..the dome light is importance sampled, so you will get different results.  What kind of difference are we talking about?

OK - I'll take a look at the texture tab problem - and I'll discuss the sun brightness problem with Jeff (who wrote the Rhino 5.0 physical sky)

Andy

Vicente Soler said:

I'm referring to the Phyisical sky texture in v5 (It's available even when i switch to the rhino default renderer). I tried using it as a domelight texture but doesn't seem to create a proper HDR effect (no sun shadow).

Btw, the texture tab only allows to add bitmap textures, no procedurals. Only when I try creating a texture through a material that the dialog with the "more types" button shows up.

The sun gave me a good laugh!

Where's the thin film shader?! I've been waiting for over one year already for that one, but I don't see it in here! 8(

jonah

Jonah

Thanks for reminding me - I will have a poke around and see if I can figure out how to enable it.

Andy

Cool, clipping planes are rendered now. Thanks.

Yup - although it does take a while!

Wieland Schmidt said:

Cool, clipping planes are rendered now. Thanks.

Alan

I've figured out and fixed your problem.  There's a new 32-bit build up there ready for you to download - it should work fine on your other machines.

Andy

Alan Crighton said:

Andy,

I tried rolling back to earlier installation and it's giving me the same error message. I'll try and install on my home system and see if it work there, it may be I have an issue with my workstation...

Alan

Hi Andy. Remember about 2 years ago, I mentioned an issue with initializing the values of Brazil through scripting? The problem was, a value could not be returned (or modified) until you manually changed that particular value in Brazil's options dialog. this would need to be done manually for each setting which needs script access. I noticed the problem remains in the new beta (I haven't checked today's build). Can you take a look at resolving this? Thanks!

jonah

OK - yup.  I will take a look.

Got it, works just fine. Thanks for the help.

Alan

Andrew le Bihan said:

Alan

I've figured out and fixed your problem.  There's a new 32-bit build up there ready for you to download - it should work fine on your other machines.

Andy

Alan Crighton said:

Andy,

I tried rolling back to earlier installation and it's giving me the same error message. I'll try and install on my home system and see if it work there, it may be I have an issue with my workstation...

Alan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Members

© 2022   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service