Hi all

We've fixed a performance problem reported in Beta 3, and we've replaced the download.  Please get a new one from here:

http://brazil.mcneel.com/page/download-beta

- Andy

Views: 953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and finally

i think you must improve system lighting in brazil\portal light feature!

because in  many occasion shadows seems to be too dark,light hard to setup,and with splotches in the final rendering!

i love brazil

i love the gui, very simple to understand and fully integrated in rhinoceros

i love the thumbs system of material editor

i love the material editor\envr editor because very immediate

This kind of thing - it would be great to get an example model and screen capture of what you mean.

i will try with a simple example!

look at this table image:

i first try to render with brazil (at right)

and after with another famous rendering engine 4 rhino

i setup several lights inside the scene,a rectangular light for the interior space of the room and after i put in the windows 3 portals( for both the rendering engines)

but as you can see,the illumination system of brazil is darker,and some reflections are lost

where is  the light-reflection, that might come from window, on the table? on the wood chairs materials? 

and why portals in brazil seem not work?

in fact in the curtain, there isn't any amplification of light(or blur effect)

perhaps i'm wronging something in the material editor o envr. editor, but in the other rendering engine I have not done anything special,and the illumination seems to be clear and reflections more realistic!

what do you think about?

Andrew le Bihan said:

This kind of thing - it would be great to get an example model and screen capture of what you mean.

Of course that doesn't show what you were talking about with avoiding splotchy GI at all. The only problem I see with the Brazil shot that isn't a matter of simple adjustments (aside from maybe not enabling glossy reflections)is getting the translucent curtain right, which I know is a fairly tricky thing to do requiring some "fakery" at present, but then I don't see enough of the V-Ray (I presume, no need to hide names) shot to see how good it actually looks either. Posting the actual file would help.

I think you're also expecting too much of "portals" or misunderstanding what they do, what are you trying to do with them?

Hi

I get this message when installing

Ciao,ti rispondo in italiano,cosi da evitare ulteriori fraintendimenti!

con il termine Splotch  intendo dire una illuminazione sia per rendering interni che esterni molto satura,spesso scura e pastosa,quasi innaturale,risulta poco limpida e questa cosa si ripercuote in negativo sull immagine finale!se si incrementa il multiplier del sun va a finire che l immagine risulta troppo satura e bruciata in altre zone,se lo si abbassa,invece si sporca nelle zone di penombra ed è difficile ottenere una luce credibile!

provo a farti un ulteriore esempio,magari con un rendering esterno:

evito di scrivere il nome del plugin concorrente a brazil perchè mi pare irrispettoso,visto che siamo su un forum dedicato a brazil

come puoi ben vedere il bianco degli edifici tende a sporcarsi per un eccesso di color blendind dovuto al prato,ma anche nelle zone dove ci sbatte la luce diretta,la colorazione non è bianca,bensi giallo chiara(colore dato dal sole)credi che in natura sia davvero cosi?piu che splotch(macchiato) forse in inglese,avrei dovuto scrivere dirty(cioè sporca)

se hai difficolta con google translator,fammi sapere che cerco di farti una traduzione comprensibile in inglese:)

capisci bene che per me è complicato farmi capire in inglese!

ciao!

jim.carruthers said:

Of course that doesn't show what you were talking about with avoiding splotchy GI at all. The only problem I see with the Brazil shot that isn't a matter of simple adjustments (aside from maybe not enabling glossy reflections)is getting the translucent curtain right, which I know is a fairly tricky thing to do requiring some "fakery" at present, but then I don't see enough of the V-Ray (I presume, no need to hide names) shot to see how good it actually looks either. Posting the actual file would help.

I think you're also expecting too much of "portals" or misunderstanding what they do, what are you trying to do with them?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Members

© 2020   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service