How is difference between brazil and neon materials?

I using neon very often. I like but difference is on Advanced Material. This is bug or ... ? 

Views: 1467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well what is that spot, a specular highlight or a reflection?

reflection of planar light. 

So is it a light object or a bright panel? Maybe it's doing "area speculars" even though you don't have it turned on(or do you? The model would help.) What I've found so far with Neon is what while it doesn't yet support every possible permutation of Brazil materials, if there's a difference between them Neon tends to look more correct.

I attach model. 

Attachments:

Yep that's an area specular, if you enable it in the material under the highlight parameters Brazil will match it, I guess it doesn't know not to use them by default. As I said, when it's not a perfect match it's often better.

There are differences - mainly because some things haven't been implemented yet in Neon.  However, we'd really like to see models like this with differences.

Very thank you ;)

And how match DOF between brazil and neon ? 
jim.carruthers said:

Yep that's an area specular, if you enable it in the material under the highlight parameters Brazil will match it, I guess it doesn't know not to use them by default. As I said, when it's not a perfect match it's often better.

It should match just fine.

Andrew ... where is can be wrong ?

Attachments:

In that case Neon should (once it's done, looks like it's still working?)match up to the render WITHOUT that fakey-fake "post-effect" DOF enabled.

Neon supports the Brazil DOF but not the post-effect DOF.

Without post effect is it sharp. Or DOF is only in Zbuffer ? 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Members

© 2022   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service