I have a set of surfaces that will not render in Brazil. They will render with Rhino Render.

Surface was created with the Orca 3D plug-in. If I rebuild the surface it will render, but I loose the openings.

Any ideas or fixes will be appreciated.

thanks

t

Views: 434

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm funny, it does render in Neon, they're not in blocks, and my usual trick of ExtractRenderMesh to deal with certain object-will-not-render issues doesn't work. Colour me stumped.

The mesh that is produced by that surface is non-Valid.  Brazil doesn't render bad meshes because it they can lead to crashes.  Specifically, the mesh has a zero length vertex normal.

You can see this by running ExtractRenderMesh on one of the surfaces, and then running Check on the mesh.

the question that rears its ugly head----- why is the produced mesh non-valid. Did I create a non-valid surface durning the trim process?

I have a work-a-round....but now I am curious about the process I used that failed to achieve the desired result.

It would appear to be a bug in the V5 mesher.  It's been reported and we hope it will be fixed soon.

thomas o frohling said:

the question that rears its ugly head----- why is the produced mesh non-valid. Did I create a non-valid surface durning the trim process?

I have a work-a-round....but now I am curious about the process I used that failed to achieve the desired result.

Hi,

i have the same issue. (Surface was also created with Orca3D)

Is there a fix yet?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Members

© 2022   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service